The Frank F. Capers Cup Team Competition is
held during rounds one and two of the Carolinas Amateur Championship that dates
back to 1913. Three or four bona fide members from the same club comprise a
team. The low three scores count each round. Seven
teams from across the Carolinas comprised the field this year.
The team from River Run Country Club in Davidson, NC won this year's event with a two-day total of 454. Winning team members are William Gordon of Davidson, NC, Clay Brown of Davidson, NC, Steve Harwell of Mooresville, NC and Spencer Lawson of Davidson, NC.
1. River Run Country Club, Davidson, NC 232-222--454
2. Alamance Country Club, Burlington, NC 233-225--458
3. Carmel Country Club, Charlotte, NC 236-230--466
4. Prestonwood Country Club, Cary, NC 231-239--470
5. Carolinas eClub Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 254-242--496
T6. Golf Club at Wescott Plantation, Summerville, NC WD (did not have 3 eligible round 2 scores)
T6. High Point Country Club, High Point, NC WD (did not have 3 eligible round 2 scores)
For a look back at previous Capers Cup winners please see: Past Capers Cup Champions